http://www.christopherhyer.com

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Padre North 2011 , Photographing the Surfer

I was looking over some old photos of surfing for North Padre Island, Texas and Mustang Island, in Port Aransas , Texas and found out a few interesting things,
 I was shooting backs and not getting the fronts of my surfing crowd, I call them mine cause you see , I take my Photography very serious even though I have fun with it, I will not make anyone look dumb out there in
the Ocean with Sharks and other stinging fish out there entertain me with stupid acts.

 I take a long trip to get home and that is taking a 550 mile trip to the Ocean in Corpus Christi, Texas and filming and or photographing the surfing community. There is quite a bit of action considering that the breaks are 3-4 ft and these girls and guys can ride them like they were 7 ft. waves. Its still amazing, I shoot from the pier and in the evening time I have to face toward the sun and of course my exposure is overwhelmed by the light and makes for some good silloettes , that's for sure, yet usually I can compnsate with my shutter and still get a pretty good shot. I have not shot down on  the coast in about 6 months , no swells the last time I went, now that I am thinking and working on a project for a film about the Island, and the people that surf , I am having to re-train on new camera's or try to at least. The angle shots I can usually work out I just move from one place to the next on the pier, with a backpack of camera's . I think when I shot down there I mixed in well with the locals, never infringed on their privacy, they were doing what relaxed them as I was doing the same, yet no money became of my shots,because that was not why I shot the surfer in South Texas.
  I started this late on Sunday night and will follow up every other day, maybee some one can provide some help as to what's the best in water housing I can get, and where and what type of film camera can I rent that will give me a HDV output and with Mic cababilities for interviews. Until I make it back on here , Thank You for listening to my thoughts. Christopher Hyer

Please Click the ads I am sure you know why, I need the hits and I need the money to finish what I  am about to start, there are some goof ads for Camera's and Affiliates I will post soon. God Bless.

Padre North 2011 is my name I go by for the sake of the Internet and some of my friends use to use padrenorth2009 , yes I decided to change out for the new , this is a Hyer Specialties company and I am
a Photographer , not only for sports, but many things.

Please go to http://christopherhyer.com  for the latest information I keep updated every day now.

PS There will be a blog called Padre North 2011 if I can get it. 1.23.2011


No comments:

Post a Comment